Tuesday 31 October 2017

THE SHOWER

THE SHOWER:
As the evenings are getting darker,
I decided to shower early.
Then put my pyjamas on,
In readiness to watch TV.
 
After washing away the cares of the day.
Stepped out onto the bathroom floor.
What happened next I suppose seemed hilarious,
But will ensure it won't happen anymore.
 
With body and face still dripping wet.
I reached for the towel on the rail.
Then out of the corner of my eye I saw IT,
And gave out one tremendous yell.
 
Slowly crawling up my leg,
Was a spider with beady eyes.
I'm not partial to spiders,
And am particular who touches my thighs.

I grabbed my can of hairspray,
Sprayed the spider......oh dear.
Got the towel wrapped about my body,
Spiders ! another one of my fears.

The spider ran to the corner of the room,
I noticed him on the floor.
With towel wrapped about my person.
I headed for the bathroom door.

Well I did eventually watch TV.
Still shaking from my ordeal.
But I did have to laugh at myself,
As I ate my evening meal.


Copyright Yvonne Lewis 31/10/2017
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Not a fan of spiders either! You are very brave. I would never have thought of the hair spray, what a creepy experience! very Halloween-y :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nilanjana for your comment which I appreciate.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Oh, my what a creepy experience. You turned it into a great poem, however. You have a wonderful sense of humor. I bet that spider doesn't crawl up your thigh again. Thanks for starting my day with a smile. Have a good Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That particular spider Beverly is no longer with us....perhpas it was the hairspray.
      Have a great day.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. haha the spider just wanted a closer look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it didn't get a closer look...lol
      Thanks Pat.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. I'm with you on hating spiders. Too creepy. Sounds like you did great. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He was on you after you washed? He was desperate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings Yvonne. I enjoyed reading. A perfect poem for Halloween - scary creepy crawlies giving you a fright! Glad you came out the victor! Blessings to you.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your wonderful comment Andrew, don't like spiders but certainly don't want them on my body.

      Yvonne.

      Delete