Wednesday 15 August 2018

UP WITH THE LARK:

My local beach:
 
UP WITH THE LARK:
Up with the lark this Wednesday morn.
By 6am was on the beach.
Which for the recent past,
Have been entirely out of my reach.
 
I surveyed the oncoming tide,
Each wave bringing me hope.
The out going waves.
Taking away my inadequacy...unable to cope.
 
Although the sun had not yet appeared.
The temperature was very hot.
I came awy up lfited I declare,
Happy with my lot.
 
Except for the shadow in my life,
That of my dear son in Spain.
I have to get back to my old way of life.
So I can visit him again.
 
I sincerely hope your Wednesday,
Is all you want it to be.
I did think of you all the other side of the pond.
As I contentedly gazed out to sea.
 
Yvonne Lewis 15/08/2018:

12 comments:

  1. Good to just stop and survey sometimes indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat for your most welcomed comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. You needed that. And hopefully you can work it so you can visit your son soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you took your walk. The ocean refreshes and rejuvenates doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does Sandra. Thanks for your comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful way to start the day. The water looks so cool and refreshing. Keep positive thoughts and wear a smile. Hope you've had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverly for your hear warming comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Howdy - I am back from PA and was glad to read this post. Sounds like you are doing okay. Glad you could get to the beach. Take good care and keep taking walks and thinking positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you're back. Thanks for comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Walks. Ocean. Better than combining chocolate and peanut butter and getting a Reese's. No better way than to spend your time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Stephen for your comment, most welcomed.

      Yvonne.

      Delete