Thursday 27 September 2018

INTERNET WOES:

INTERNET WOES;
Like the above cat I'm remaining positive.
You see here in Bournemouth we have Internet woes.
When I last posted on Tuesday.
 The Internet decided to close.
 
I phoned up my network.
Who said "Severe Problems " was the cause.
It was off until 8pm that evening.
Then went again after a short pause.
 
Many people were bemoaning the fact,
They could not go on line.
Seems  life lives by "Modern Technology"
Which to all intents and purposes is fine.
 
 But one I suppose must have other interests,
Not be ruled by "The Net".
I spent more time with Tennessee,
Pure enjoyment I did get.
 
I have an engineer coming next week,
As they also found a fault with my land line.
But through it all let me catorgorily state.
All in all I'm feeling fine.
 
I still have not heard about my sick son.
But they say "No News Is Good News" I suppose.
The sun is shinning but so very much colder.
From one's head down to one's toes.
 
HAPPY THURSDAY:
 
Yvonne Lewis 27/09/2018

14 comments:

  1. no net = more walks. Hope the weather cooperates. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taking advantage of useage on the net. it's due to go off for repairs soon. Very sunny but cold here today.
      Hope your day is going well.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. We don't realize how much we depend on the Internet until it goes down.
    I'd say no news is good news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many people have been affected by the loss of the net. due to go off again soon. My kids here in the UK both have people they can talk to when they aish to express their concern about John.....I have no one. They don't seem to think I would like to know.
      Still Alex, carry on regardless.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. We got a new modem recently as ours kept dropping. Most of what I do involves being online and I can't work without it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Diane if your work involves the Internet then it is of a great inconvienience, many businesses around where I live have and has been affected by the "Not Being On Line" this week.
      My land line is affected which causes my "Care Alarm" I have in case of emergencies to function properly.
      Thanks for coming by, much appreciated.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Yep, we only realize how much we use it when it goes kaput

    ReplyDelete
  5. Losing internet can really be a problem for people who work from home. Crossing my fingers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel for those who write for a living when the net goes down.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Modern technology is great. It sometime is annoying too. I do depend on the Internet a lot, but also try to take time to play with the cats and I'm also working with the dog teaching him not to jump on people. No on has offred to adopt him yet. Every now and then, I even clean house. Have a great Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those who write for a living I feel for. The problem is not yet quite solved as it is a major issue.
      Enjoy your weekend Beverly.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. When the internet is down it sure gets us away from the computer. I miss it though! Hope you are enjoying the late summer sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the loss of the net most of the day.....it comes back periodically, it makes me think more about my family issues which is not good either.
      Thanks for coming by Suzanne.

      Yvonne.

      Delete