Wednesday 27 March 2019

AND IT DON'T COST A PENNY:

 My local beach:
 
AND IT DON'T COST A PENNY:
 
I love to stroll along the beach,
At the closing of the day.
The sun setting in the west,
And the birds winging home to their prey.
 
The tide is making it's way
Towards the ocean wide.
I pass a couple obviously in love,
Their smiles a mile wide.
 
The sound of the sea is so relaxing,
Hypnotised by nature's glory.
Each wave to me represents
A different life's story.
 
I search among the shells,
In their pretty colours array.
Feeling close to nature,
After an extremely busy day.
 
Not so many hours ago,
The beach was really packed.
Children with their buckets and spades
And sun cream upon their backs.
 
Donkeys taking the children
Up and down the beach.
Another one of God's creatures,
So simple are their needs.
 
I feel the warm breeze,
Caress my happy carefree face.
A feeling of utter contentment
That I belong to the human race.
 
Yes! walking along the beach
I'd reccomend to many.
And the beauty of it all.
It dosen't cost a penny.
 
Copyright Yvonne Lewis.
From the book
 MOMENTS OF MY LIFE  2014:
 
 

14 comments:

  1. Walking along an empty beach is wonderful, something I often do when I'm camping. Early in the morning and at sunset are the best of times - just me, my dogs, and the sound of the sea, it can't be beaten :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tigermouse, I wrote this years ago before problems st in. I still find the closeness of the beach a joy to behold.
      Have a good day.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. It is a joy. You captured the beach perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Joanne.
      Have a good day.

      Yvonne:

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think comment was meant for another blog......not mine.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Nature is free. And you have a great place to go for a peaceful stroll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt I was walking alongside of you, Yvonne! What a gorgeous place to spend time at!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty.yes a lovely way tospend time.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. It does look like a beautiful place to walk. I can hear the water washing ashore and smell the fresh air and ocean breeze. I'm so glad you have a lovely place like this to take your walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youBeverly,it does get me away from doom and gloom of my lonely apartment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete