Saturday 16 March 2019

MY WEEKEND TASK:

MY WEEKEND TASK:

After the aftermath of my berevement
Of losing my son John.
There's one task I've forgotten to do,
Which yesterday I stumbled upon.

That being the defrosting
Of my fridge and my freezer.
A job I was set to do five months ago
But forgotten the proceedure.

So this weekend will find me
With ice and water galore.
What a way to spend the weekend?
Who could ask for anything more?

I have no stock of frozen food,
So will have to buy as I need.
Whatever happens dear blogging buddies,
I have to ensure I do myself feed.

I hope your weekend
Will be better than mine.
Whatever you may be doing,
Let the sun on you shine.

HAPPY WEEKEND:

Yvonne Lewis: 16/03/2019:
 

12 comments:

  1. It is a necessary task to do, but never a fun one. Good to get it done now and then you won't have to think about it for hopefully a long time down the road. Should be sunny and bright here this weekend so looking forward to getting out and enjoying some time in it tomorrow.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is taking a time to complete I can't go to bed until it is finished.
      Hope you enjoyed your day out Betty.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. wow - you know how to have fun! But sometimes you've got to do that task you've put off...and put off. Good luck. Hope it's not too big of a mess.
    Then have a cup of tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rather call it"The Trials and Tribulations of Yvonne" ....lol.
      It sure is taking a time.
      Enjoy your Dunday Joanne.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. I think the puppy in your picture has the right idea. A nap sounds good to me. I almost took one this afternoon, but had other things to do so did not do it. I'm thankful my refrigerator doesn't have to be defrosted. I remember when, though. Hope the rest of your weekend runs smoothly. We had sunshine today and the cat and I took a walk. The other cat played on the patio. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beverly, been raining here , pleased you had some sunshine. Have a great Sunday,

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Well, now I don't feel so glum about spending time scouring the stove and oven! I hope that you enjoy the satisfaction of a necessary job well done. I always find that rewarding. Wishing you a great Sunday, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You also Fundy Blue have a great Sunday,

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Feeding one's self sure is a must!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The puppy has the right idea. Hope you had a good weekend!

    www.ficklemillennial.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gina for your visit, I have had better weekends but a new week is beginning.

      Yvonne.

      Delete