Wednesday 27 May 2020

MY LIFE AS A SPIDER:

Not be a lover of spiders I wrote this for a laugh:
 
MY LIFE AS A SPIDER:
How I love being a spider,
With very long legs of eight.
Not many people like me.
I'm something they love to hate.
 
I hide in some dark corner.
Until they're watching TV.
Then run across the floor,
Heavens ! don't they scream.
 
Then again I'll curl up on the ceiling.
Just overhead.
Then make my grand appearance
As I leap upon their bed.
 
But I am far too quick for them.
I've given them a fright.
Having witnessed many people
Stay awake all night.
 
I'm just an ordinary spider.
Not one with legs that's hairy.
But live from day to day,
Quite happily making humans scary.
 
Copyright Yvonne Lewis  2014:
From the book.
Moments Of My Life.

6 comments:

  1. spiders creep me out. Most bugs do. And snakes. And.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me also Joanne.
      Take care and be safe.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Spiders don't bother me too much. Snakes do though! Cute poem Yvonne!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty, enjoy your Wednesday.

      Yvonne.

      Delete