Tuesday 18 May 2021

WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT?


 WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT?

Yesterday after all chores complete.

The sun still high in the sky.

Thought I would try and venture out.

As life seems to be passing by.


Got  myself ready all spick and span,

Except for my head of hair.

But I needed to take a stroll round the block,

I didn't have a worry or a care.

 

I made sure all was alright in apartment,

And down the two flights of stairs I did wander.

Would you believe this my dear friends,

As I opened the front door there was thunder.

 

Lightening vividly flashing away.

Back to my apartment I made a hasty retreat.

So much for my stroll around the block.

As I sat wearily down on my seat.

 

Let's hope today is better,

Although much rain is due.

Have a wonderful Tuesday yourselves.

Whatever you happen to do.

 

HAPPY TUESDAY:

Yvonne Lewis:

 



6 comments:

  1. that timing was too much. I think that goes to show - don't take too long and too much prep to go out. When the mood strikes, act - get in that step outside and beat the thunder. We are expecting flash floods today. Let's both stay dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne yes it was very annoying but thankfully I didn't get caught in the storm. Hope your flash floods are not too bad and soon go away.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Well at least it didn't hit while you were out already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true Alex. Thanks for coming by.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Hope the rain held off long enough for you to get your walk in.
    Take special care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Sandra, not a nice day at all weather wise.

      Yvonne.

      Delete