Saturday 4 September 2021


 A NOISY WEEKEND:

On Thursday a deafening sound

Filled our ears.

It, to me was unexpected,

And filled me with fear.


Then I looked through the window,

It was the famous Red Arrows jets.

The occasion being our Air Display time.

How could I forget.?


We will have at least a few more days,

Of planes going overhead.

No afternoon nap I may say,

As I lay on top of my bed.


But it's good to see some normality

Of this annual event,

After the enforced quietness,

We have so long have spent.


HAPPY WEEKEND TO YOU ALL.


Yvonne Lewis: 04/09/2021:

6 comments:

  1. That's exciting. I love airplanes and airshows like that. And yes, it makes the hairs on your arm stand on end. Good to hear a rumble - keeps you alive! Take care and have a super weekend - maybe sneak in a cat nap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just one more day of noise, you would love this Joanne if as you say you enjoy planes. Have a good weekend and stay safe.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy those jets and your day and evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First day today of peace and quiet, the last four days were extremely noisy.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. It was the Red Arrows! (I'm working backwards again). That would be a fright if you were surprised. I'd have run outside to look for sure! Love the photo you included!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was unexpected Louise but they put on a grand but noisy show.

      Yvonne.

      Delete