Friday 27 October 2017

THE NIGHTMARE:

A poem for this time of year:
 
THE NIGHTMARE:
As I stood by my window,
In the darkness of the night.
My eyes opened with amazement,
I'd had an awful fright.
 
Something flashed by my window,
Passed by so rapidly.
Flying on a broomstick,
Was a witch chuckling he, he, he.
 
She returned to my window,
Black cat in tow.
She said "I am the witch
Employed by Yahoo".
 
To see fair play done,
When blogs you do review.
Should you give bad critique,
I'll cast a spell on you.
 
I was flabergasted,
As the cat's eyes flashed like traffic lights.
The Yahoo Witch was having fun
As she cackled with delight.
 
As I peered nearer to obtain
A closer inspection.
Something was amiss,
You see it was my own reflection.
 
I went icy cold.
Void of all beauty and charm.
'Twas then I awoken from my nightmare
At the sound of my alarm.
 
Copyright All Rights Reserved Yvonne Lewis
From The Book
MOMENTS OF MY LIFE 2014

12 comments:

  1. I cannot see your followers! The same is on my blog!

    I enjoyed reading this poetic piece, well done. Glad you woke up from the possible hell of a witches spell! Blessing to you Yvonne.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to wake when such dreams partake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's when one is living a nightmare is the time to be concerned. Thanks Pat for the visit.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I thought you'd remember Alex.
      Happy weekend.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry if I"m duplicating stuff. My computer has been acting weird and I can't tell if my comments are going through. Anyway - this poem is very clever and funny too. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got your message as you can see Joanne, hope your computer recovers.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Should you give bad critique,
    I'll cast a spell on you

    Karma seem to be playing tricks. Glad it was a dream Yvonne!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hank for your visit and most welcomed comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. What a nightmare. Happy it was only a dream, though a spooky one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was years ago Beverly looking at me now.....now so sure if it's true.
      Thanks for your comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete