Saturday 14 July 2018

MEMORIES:

 MEMORIES:
Today marks the 20th annioversary
of the passing of my mother:
I have happy memories of my mum.
Below is my tribute.


MY MUM:

You were a mum in a million.
One with a heart of gold.
Your first priority was your family,
Your memory will never grow old.

Although your life was very tough,
You taught me right from wrong.
You set me a good example.
Your love made me strong.

I thank you for so many things
You sacrificed for me.
Yes, life was very tough for you.
Dad died when I was three.

Throughout my life you were always there
When I needed you.
Twenty years ago the roles were reversed
As I spent your last day with you.

As I sat and held your hand
As you passed from one life to another.
With tears in my eyes, I said my gooddbyes.
To a lady I was proud to call mother.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
From the book Negative V. Positive.
Copyright Yvonne Lewis 2008:

10 comments:

  1. Great tribute indeed. Those happy memories are sure the ones to hold onto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat, you are so very right.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Yes, the pleasant memories are with us always. You were blessed with a wonderful mother. Her strength is now in you. Lovely photo. Have a relaxing day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Beverly. Yes she was a wonderful mother. Went out early shopping but is remaining indoors as it's so hot,
      Take care and have a wonderful weekend.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful tribute, Yvonne. Yes, she was a blessing to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was only thrity six when widowed but my brother and I never wanted for anything especially love.
      Thank you Alex for coming by and hope your weekend is wonderful.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely tribute. It sounds like you had a wonderful mom. So glad you have beautiful memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sandra a wonderful mother, I'm a mum no-one wants to know and it hurts,

      Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Lovely poem and no doubt a wonderful woman and mum. Keep the good memories and your poem lets others know too. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true Joanne thanks for the visit.

      Yvonne.

      Delete