Wednesday 8 August 2018

OUR NHS:(National Health Service)

OUR NHS:
In June the National Health Service
Was seventy years old.
I am older than that and look it
At least that's what I'm told.
 
Since hearing of my sons' illness,
My Epilepsy has gone out of control.
I have been trying daily for a doctor
To make a rare  call.
 
The surgery is not within walking diatance,
The taxi's cost the earth.
I don't feel I can make it there,
For what it's worth.
 
A doctor wont come sad to say,
I need an examination.
He will talk to me on the phone,
How can my blood pressure be checked?
That's my explanation.
 
Epilepsy is not taken seriously here,
Very sad to say.
Even should I have a seizure,
And on the floor do lay.
 
It appears the older you get,
You're less though of by the NHS.
I will end my moaning now,
Very disheartened I confess.
 
Yvonne Lewis 08/08/2018
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Count me concerned. I know nothing but shall say you have to try to calm yourself about your son. He would not want your health affected. Good luck with doctors... Blog world shall worry for you. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you say Joanne is so right about staying calm about my son but he is the other side of the Med. Ocean. Thanks for your support.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. This is a tough situation. What good is a service if they don't take care of the patients? It's their job to treat those that are ill. Wish I could do something to help. It sure makes me appreciate what I have. Prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I need Beverly is some reasurrance that things will improve.
      Isolation is not to be reccomended. Thank you aas always Beverly.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Find someone to take you. Maybe Tennessee's owner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tennesee's owner works the night shift at her job Alex. I see no one unless I go for a stroll or go to the shops. Should I feel unwell I just remain indoors. Thansk for your comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. The surgery is not within
    walking distance,
    The taxi's cost the earth.

    Even in the early stages the service is found wanting. What when a surgery is found necessary. It is worrying Yvonne!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The surgery only makes visit should the patient is housebound.
      Because I can make it around the block to the beach which is only a few minutes away I am not classed to have a visit.
      Thanks Hank for coming by.

      Yvonne.

      Delete