Tuesday 4 September 2018

WE LEARN SOMETHING NEW EACH DAY:

WE LEARN SOMETHING NEW EACH DAY:
 
Yesterday I learned something new.
Something I'd been wanting to achieve
You see my printer ran out of ink,
Printing was impossible would you believe..
 
I bought the new ink replacements,
Sometime ago I admit.
But not many people around in my life.
To help and show me how to do it.
 
Well I decided there and then,
I was going to succeed.
I read and re-read the directions,
How to do the offending deed.
 
Having sat there for a while,
Taking in all that I've read,
"Surely I Can't Be That Thck?"
To myself I quietly said. 
 
I then proceeded to begin the task.
Positive in action and mind.
Before you could say "Jack Flash".
My ignorance I'd left behind.
 
My printer is now up and running.
I gave myself a pat on the back.
How could I have been so stupid.
All I required was the confidence I lacked.
 
Yvonne Lewis 04/09/2018:
 
 
 

16 comments:

  1. good job. And usually instructions are written in impossible language and the pictures are hard to follow. Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne, it took time but I did it in the end.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. I remember the first time I change printer ink by myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by Diane, much appreciated.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Very good! Sometimes when you try new things, you make a lot of mistakes. But that's part of the learning process. If you don't try, you'll never learn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! for you. I think most of the time our problem is our lack of self confidence. Now you can do anything you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Technology in any form is scary till we've worked through it at least once.
    Kudos on a job well done:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My late husband used to say to me "If You Had Brians You'd be Dangerouse. " Technology and I are not good together.

      Yvonne/

      Delete
  6. Confidence can assist and leads to transformation. It makes one better. Very much so Yvonne!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so very right Hank, just sometimes the insecurities enfold me.

      Yvonne.

      Delete