Saturday 6 October 2018

A PEACEFUL SUNDAY:

A PEACEFUL SUNDAY
 
After a day of wind and rain,
The sun is shinning though cold.
Let Sunday be a day of rest
Just like in days of old.
 
Yesterday for me was awful,
You see I was thinking of my son.
Whose 50th birthday it was,
Being so ill couldn't have been much fun.
 
It's the first birthday I have not spoken to him,
To give him birthday wishes.
He seems to have cut himself off from all.
I thought to myself whilst washing the dishes.
 
I aim to go for a stroll this afternoon.
Perhaps take a look at the sea.
Let the ebbing tide take my problems away.
Trying to think more positivity.
 
May your Sunday be peaceful,
May laughter and health reign supreme.
I long for those days of long ago.
If only in my dreams.
 
HAPPY SUNDAY:
 
Yvonne Lewis 07/10/2018
 

14 comments:

  1. Having health issues is no fun for anyone, some do cut themselves off. Having a relaxing day can help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat, had a walk along the beach.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Sorry your son has cut himself off from everyone. At least his wife is reaching out to someone.
    Hope it's a peaceful and beautiful Sunday for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Alex, yes, Kelly keeps in touch with my other son.

      Had a lovely walk along the beach in the autumn sunshine.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Have peace in knowing God is in charge anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comforting words Fiane.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. It's tough when our children aren't well.
    I hope you found serenity beside the sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had a good walk along the beach Sandra. Thanks.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. So sad. Hope it all turns out well. Keep trust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Nasreen, much appreciated.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. What an adorable picture. I pray for you, Yvonne, that you'll hear good news from your son. I can imagine how difficult it is to not know how he is. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a great pic Beverly, I am getting so concerned about son in Spain, hope the new week will bring more hope.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. I had a good Sunday and a good week-end as well. I was thinking of my kids too. Maybe I'll call them this week unless they call me first.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleased you had a good weekend Arlee. Hope all is well with your kids.

      Yvonne.

      Delete