Saturday 17 November 2018

FRIDAY EXCEEDED ALL EXPECTATIONS:

FRIDAY EXCEEDED ALL EXPECTATIONS:
 
After Tennessee went on his way,
I proceeded to walk to the beach.
Wrapped up warmly againts the Autumn cold.
Some peace of mind to seek.
 
It was a lovely few minutes walk,
Many people smiled as I walked.
Some stopped to converse about the weather.
It was lovely to be able to talk.
 
On reaching our lovely beach.
Many people out with their dogs.
Other more energetic beings
Were doing their daily jog.
 
I contentedly walk along the shore.
Problems I hoped ebbed with the tide.
Hoping this lovely feeling I had
Would for the rest of the day would abide.
 
I eventually walked back to my home.
Sat down to have a hot drink.
As I sat there with cup in hand.
I began to think.
 
I decided there and then,
I looked a proper mess.
With all the going ons of the past weeks
I'd let myself"Go" I confess.
 
I put my outdoor clothes back on.
To the shops I hastily went.
Before I could say "Danny Boy"
Some money was about to be spent.
 
I went inside the hairdressers,
Yes ! they could fix me in.
I had the works done on my hair.
Today I was going to win.
 
So folk I'm pleased to say.
Friday exceeded all expections.
I hope it continues to last.
As I write my blog to the nation.
 
HAPPY WEEKEND TO ALL:
 
Yvonne Lewis 17/11/2018:

10 comments:

  1. Greetings Yvonne. A well-written poetic piece that I enjoyed reading. Glad Tennessee is still visiting to give you some company. I'm happy for you having your hair done, if you look good you feel good. Glad you've had a walk along the beach, I've been to Boscombe Beach - no stones I recall? Your well wishes are warmly received. I'm staying in this Weekend as my Ex has borrowed my car. Blessings to you my Friend. Love love, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Andrew, yes , yesterday was a great day hope it carries on into today.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a great day sure is a win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellent Friday, to be sure. And when you feel you look good, that makes a difference. All spruced up - hope the weekend continues in an upswing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne, your'e so very right.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Yay for a fabulous Friday. A trip to the hairdressers does a girl good. And a pleasant walk brings a smile to the face. Your poster is absolutely right. Cats make a home complete. Here's to each day of the new week, bright sunshine, pleasant walks and visits, and everything to keep you smiling. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Beverly, it did me good Friday tidy hair but I do wish my mind was more tidy.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Going to the stylist is a great pick up isn't it?
    Hope your weekend so far has been wondrous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friday and Saturday was great but today (Sunday) the grief has hit me again.

      Yvonne.

      Delete