Tuesday 20 November 2018

SO THIS IS TUESDAY:

SO THIS IS TUESDAY:

After a sleepless night.
Surveying the midnight moon.
I sat alone and pondered.
Will life be different soon.?

The moon in all it's glory,
Set in the darkness of the night.
I sometimes wonder why and how.
I got into this plight.

The hours they did tick by.
How long the nights are now.
I was eternally grateful when morning came.
With Tennessee at the door "Wow".

At least I got some comfort from him.
After his breakfast he scoffed down.
I'm sure he had a smile on his face,
Not some miserable frown.

It's forecast rain today.
So to the shops I've been.
Had a chat with a few passers by.
The only humans I have seen.

Do yourselves have a great Tuesday,
Whatever and wherever you may be.
You can be sure deep down in your hearts.
I'll be thinking of thee.

14 comments:

  1. Greetings Yvonne. I'm so sorry you've had a sleepless night! Tut. Hope you get some rest today. Glad you've been out and about shopping. Give Tennessee a pet from me. A well written-piece with good rhymes. Well done. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Tuesday Andrew and thanks for coming by with a lovely comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. I hope you sleep better tonight. I slept awful last week but the last two nights I finally caught up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane pleased your sleep pattern has returned.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. if you were up that late, have a little nap today and awake refreshed with a pot of tea. I'll be at work, churning away at some crap. Hey - nothing's perfect. But that's okay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate being awake in the nighttime.
    Is there any clubs nearby you can join?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not many good clubs closeny Sandra. Thanks.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. I hope you can sleep tonight. I'm exhausted from cleaning in preparation of Thanksgiving. Hope the sun follows the rain for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your Thanksgiving is a great day Susan.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Tuesday wasn't so bad here, but glad its in the rear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleased your Tuesday wasn't too bad Pat. Thanks.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. Hi, Yvonne! My heart goes out to you! Please take care of yourself. Sending you a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Funday Blue for the comment and hug.

      Yvonne.

      Delete