Friday 10 May 2019

MY BIRTHDAY NIGHT POEM:

Recently I learned my daught (above)
is severely disabled with an incurable 
muscle illness.
But still has a sense of humour.
I dedicate the poem below to her.
 
BEDTIME BIRTHDAY THOUGHTS TONIGHT:
When I prepare to retire to bed.
On this another birthday.
I'll recall with happiness
The emails that came my way.
 
Your approach to  life is awesome,
Although your health is not great.
You put me and my life into perspective,
That I can honestly state.
 
Why should I bemoan the fact
That loneliness is getting me down?
If that is all that's wrong this end
Then I'm a sad, sad clown.
 
What right have I got
To let life and time pass me by.
Oh yes dear wonderful daughter,
Many unnecessary tears I've cried.
 
So again I'll try and live each day
With more happiness and creation.
Should the going get tough I'll think
Of you dear daughter.... my wonderful inspiration
 
Luv mum xxx
 
Yvonne Lewis 10/05/2019
 
 
 

14 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Yvonne!

    What a lovely poem for your daughter! I admire her approach to life no matter what she is dealing with. I am sorry to hear about her health problems though.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Betty learning a valuable lesson in life on your 75th burthday from your daughter was the best possible birthday present I could recieve. I was extremely upset to know she was ill so soon after losing my son but I think she's brave and wonderful.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday!!
    Never forget her humor - it will get both of you through tough times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't forget this birthday Alex, Donna has "Opened my eyes and heart".

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. A bit late I know, but Happy Birthday Yvonne. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter - I hope her sense of humour will help her through the tough times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tigermouse for your good wishes. Donna has a wonderful sense of humour and a good husbamd to look after her.
      Thanks for coming by.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Good to stay inspired. Happy Birthday and treat yourself to something nice - tea and a stroll if the weather's nice. Buy yourself a flower. You can do this. Keep writing poetry and share with blog world. We'll sing Happy Birthday together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne. I buy flowers every week so there is always beauty in my apartment whatever the weather and mood.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Our children are so precious to us, no matter their age, it's hard to watch them suffering, and we so want to help. Praying for your daughter and for you. And wishing you both a Happy Birthday. Treasure the day, and know God is with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beverly, always a kind word from you which I appreciate so much.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. It's all in the attitude.

    Happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right but some people can handle a good attitude better than others. Thanks for your comment Diane.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. Belated happy birthday, Yvonne! It is amazing how brave and inspiring some people can be when they are dealing with such difficult challenges, especially when they retain a sense of humor. I wish your daughter and you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came as a shock Funday Blue, just after losing my son.
      Still she is an inspiration without a doubt, Puts me to shame.

      Yvonne.

      Delete