Monday 29 July 2019

RETURNING TO A ROUTINE:

RETURNING TO A ROUTINE:
I have to estabish a routine,
One I knew so well.
Blogging is first on the list,
That to you I will tell.

I have missed each and everyone,
That have visted me over the years,
I did at one time think of giving up
Which brought about many fears.

If I gave up things I enjoyed,
I wouldn't have much of a life.
I HAVE to continue to keep going.
To avoid endless tears and strife.

Eventually I need to visit Spain.
To say a proper "Goodbye" to my son .
It is top priority on an endless list.
But to me it's a thing that has to be done.

Then I need to see Danny Boy in concert,
A thing I haven't done for a while.
To see him then meet him afterwards
Will surely on my face bring a smile.

But there are many things  I know,
That have been neglected along the way.
But last week I did get my hair done.
Which certainly made my day.

I will take each day as it arrives,
But my hopes are high I will tell.
I MUST make a daily trip to my laptop.
Even if I don't feel so well.

Yvonne Lewis 29/07/2019:



8 comments:

  1. excellent Monday poem. And yes, routine and a good hair look kick things up a notch. I like your potential to-do list - stuff to plan for, aim for. That will keep you going. Take good care of yourself! Welcome back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne, yes I do have high hopes. Hope they do materialise.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. I am also trying to establish and return to a routine.

    Glad you're back from your online break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear of you having surgery, My best wishes go with you.
    Thanks for your comment Chrys,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you, Yvonne, and wishing you a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things have gone well so far Sandra thanks.
      Happy new week to you.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. So happy,happy, happy to read your lovely poem. Welcome back, Yvonne. You've
    been missed. Sounds like you'll be traveling in awhile. Enjoy every mile you cover. Have a good rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverly for you very welcomed comment. I will wait until it gets cooler before I go on travels I think. Hope all is well with you.

      Yvonne.

      Delete