Thursday 15 August 2019

HAVE AN EXCELLENT DAY:

HAVE AN EXCELLENT DAY:
Although it is now Thursday.
I write of yesterday.
I exceeded all expectations,
I would like to say.
 
This I'm sure was due to the fact
That I actually slept through the night.
A rare occurrence in my life.
Experiencing so many different plights.
 
Well yesterday I awoken,
Had breakfast then to the shop I did go.
I had things to do.
So didn't walk so slow.
 
Then I got seated at my laptop,
Felt John's precence near.
The last time I saw him alive
Was in this apartment here.
 
Then I started to write,
Poems for my book.
Before lunchtime had arrived.
Twelve completed in all when I took a look.
 
The new clothes I'd ordered on line
Arrived during the day.
Fitted the slimmer me perfectly,
Things certainly going my way.
 
I hope today will be
Exceedingly good for you.
Days  like that are rare for me.
But hope they will continue.
 
HAPPY THURSDAY:
Yvonne Lewis:15/08/2019

12 comments:

  1. wow - wonderful wed. Now go for tremendous Thursday. You are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always good to get a good night sleep! Sound like it was a good day. May today be the same.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Betty sleep is a most important part of living.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the sleep. My schedule has gotten all out of kilter of late. Can't sleep through the night and take long naps in the daytime. Messes up my productivity.

    Keep up the writing!

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That#s the first GOOD nights sleep in quite a few years.
      It's awful not being able to sleep at the right time.
      I can relate to you there Lee.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. So glad you had a happy, productive day.
    Hope tomorrow is another good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How happy you sounded on Thursday. (I'm running late reading blogs.) It's amazing what a good night's sleep can do for us. I seldom sleep the whole night through. An afternoon nap is usually what I do. So glad you had a great day. Here's to many more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't sleep very well usually, every now and again I have a good night,.....It do work wonders for morale.
      Thanks for coming by Beverly.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Doesn't slimmer feel awesome! I'm happy for you enjoying your new clothes! Twelve poems is wonderful!!! I'm sorry I'm so far behind. I simply can't catch my tail ~ LOL! Sending you a big hug! And a high five for writing progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind, wonderful comment Fundy Blue.

      Yvonne.

      Delete