Wednesday 14 August 2019

WISHFUL WEDNESDAY:

WISHFUL WEDNESDAY:
Halfway through the week already,
Also halfway through August.
If I want my book to materialise,
To pull my finger out is a must.
 
I am finding it a little difficult at times,
At what I'm aiming to do.
But will carry on at an even pace.
That's what I plan to do.
 
Have you any mid week plans in view?
Time quickly passes so fast.
I hope the happiness of the day,
For the remainder of the week do last.
 
Weather wise the summer 
Here is on a decline.
More winds and rain here on the coast.
Otherwise all is doing fine.
 
HAPPY WEDNESDAY:
Yvonne Lewis 14/08/2019
 

10 comments:

  1. Rain broke the heat spell (briefly). I stepped out to get the paper and could feel a breeze. Quite refreshing. I'm sure the book will take a while - but stay steady. You can always edit and delete later. That's what Alex and all of these blog writers do. Happy Wed to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes rain can be welcomed especially after extreme hot weather, Have done well with my poems today,,,,, a good day following a good nights' sleep.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. They say slow and steady wins the race so if you are steady working on your book, it will get done for sure!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your'e so very right Betty. Thanks for coming by.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Writing always has its ups and downs doesn't it? I'm sure your verse is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a nice rain this morning, but then the heat came back. In the 100 degree range. It is the middle of August, like you said, so maybe it will begin to cool off soon. Did a little writing today, otherwise was lazy. Have a good Thursday with your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How I wish I could pick up that kitty and hold it, Yvonne! I always love "Hump Day!" It's Wednesday night (the 28th) as I write this. Wednesday is usually a writing day for me, but my friend Cathy was here from Seattle. Decades ago she and I were geologists together in an oil company in downtown Denver. That seems like another lifetime.

    ReplyDelete