Saturday 26 October 2019

TAKING CARE....OF ME:

TAKING CARE.....OF ME:
These past two days have flown by,
Please don't consider me selfish.
I've taken the time to think of ME,
Doing all that I wanted to wish.

Thursday I went to the market,
Bought some much needed boots.
Then on sudden impulse,
Went to the hairdressers.
To cover my "Roots".

Had a lovely time there,
Hair cut to perfection.
Looks like "Me" again.
As I looked at my reflection.

With all the sadness and heartache,
I've expereinced of late.
I've really neglected myself,
Something that I hate.

I'm feeling much better now,
Although a certain sadness lingers on.
Wishing my family would contact me.
And the sadness of losing John.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Gales and rain forecast here.
But will endevour to carry on taking care,
Knowing I have nothing to fear.

HAPPY WEEKEND:
Yvonne Lewis:26/10/2019:

12 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with having ME days or weekends or even a week. Anything to make you smile at yourself in the mirror. Be the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne have got used to the wrinkles but hair needed doing.....desperately.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Glad you are feeling better. Everybody needs a me day. And what could be better than visiting the hair stylist and buying books. Throw in a trip to a café for coffee and a pastry and you've got a near purrfect day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Sandra we all need to lool after ourselves once in a while..... most enjoyable time before a day today on gales and rain.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. A fresh hairdo will lift a girl;s spirit, for sure. Glad you went shopping, too. I just got home from the store and the critters are happy I fed them.We have sunshine today, with a chilly wind. After two days of rain, the sun is so welcome. Hope you have a relaxing and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverly pleased you have the sun. I hope your weekend is great.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad that you went out and treated yourself to pampering at the hairdresser, Yvonne! It's always great to walk out feeling like you're looking awesome. And it's good to hear that you are investing some time and effort into taking care of you. The quote you shared is absolutely true, says one who spent decades putting everyone else first before she smartened up! I know that the weather has been miserable in your area. Lets hope you're cozily tucked inside with warmth, electricity, and something good to read or watch! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for your wonderful comment Louise, I think one should take stock now and again and put oneself first. It can be an eye opener.
      Hope you are feeling better after your surgery and good luck.
      Enjoy your weekend.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Good that you got your hair done! Always good to have a "new" look!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time off or away is so necessary for our mental health. I applaud!

    ReplyDelete