Monday 13 January 2020

THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM???

THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM ???
 
Sunday was a great day.
In a productive mood was I.
Got all my chores done in record time,
As the sun was high in the sky,
 
I did the cleaning of carpets,
Laundered the clothes that were unclean.
Went for a wonderful walk on the beach.
So peaceful if you know what I mean.
 
Had my Sunday roast,
Washed the dishes in the sink.
Went to answer my comments,
Before watching a TV Show."The Weakest Link"
 
I didn't get to watch the show,
As whilst on laptop looked at the weather.
It appears "Storm Brendan" 
Is on it's way, oh dear what a bother.
 
It's sounds horrendous I can tell.
The South Coast bearing the brunt.
That is the area where I reside.
Not too happy to put it blunt.
 
Ireland is also in for a taste of the weather.
Hope Danny Boy will be OK.
I don't relish the thought of high winds and rain.
As already I'm surveying the sky.
 
Hope your weather will be better,
If it's sunny think of me.
As I still recall the calm before the storm.
Whilst on Sunday I looked out to sea.
 
*PERHAPS THE FORECAST WILL BE WRONG.*

Yvonne Lewis: 13/01/2020:
 

9 comments:

  1. batten down the hatches. Hope the forecasters are wrong. Meanwhile - sounds like you got a lot done. We were busy too on Sunday with some big cleanout at the house. Time for a new look in 2020. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I write it has just started, it's horrible and I for one am scared.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. I wonder if that's part of the storm that hit us this past weekend. (By us, I mean the northern part of the US.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that Alex on the TV. Ours have just started.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Stay safe with the storm, Yvonne! It did look like you had a good Sunday!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our storm has already moved through. Please stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw on TV what was happening in the US. Pleased your weather ordeal has passed.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. It's great to hear that you got in a walk on the beach before the rain and wind slammed you, Yvonne. It's been sunny here, but cold. I hope Brendan is long gone by now.

    ReplyDelete