Sunday 12 January 2020

SUNDAYS PAST AND PRESENT:

SUNDAYS PAST AND PRESENT:
As I lay in bed,
Awaiting to arise.
Thoughts of Sundays past and present,
Flashed across my eyes.
 
How I recalled the time as a child,
When church I attended with mum.
That stood me in good stead
Throughout the years to come.
 
Another thought came to mind,
As I began to face the day.
How shops and cimemas remained closed.
On a Sunday.
 
However now in 20/20.
Both are opened as you know.
Just goes to remind us.
How time changeth so.
 
I hope your Sunday is a good one.
Peaceful and happy as can be.
From your ever thinking blogging buddy.
Across that mighty sea.
 
Yvonne Lewis 12/01/20/20:
 

10 comments:

  1. You should attend a nearby church today. Well, maybe not today since it's now past church time for you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Point taken Alex . Will go next Sunday.
      Have a good week.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Hope you have a nice Sunday Yvonne. So much open on Sundays these days. Miss the days when Sunday was a more quiet day.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Betty Sunday's are not what they used to be.
      Have a good week.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Many things have changed through the years, Yvonne. I remember when stores were closed on Sunday, too. My family went to church every Sunday. Today, I teach a lady's Sunday School Class. And they teach me. Have good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Beverly things with time does change.
      You also have a good week.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Having stores open on Sunday was a godsend for me. I worked very long hours, and it gave me more flexibility on the weekend to take care of many errands. Wishing you a happy week. Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Louise those who worked throughout the week must have benifitted from the open shops on Sunday.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. I had a nice relaxing Sunday. Hope you did too and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete