Tuesday 25 February 2020

MY FIRST CAT:

My love of cats have been apparent on my blog
Here is the cat that started it all.
MY FIRST CAT:
Above is a photo of Tabitha,
A  cat of many years ago.
She first belonged to one of my sons,
But found herself living with us wow.!

We had her as a kitten,
Our dog didn't care much at all.
But they grew to love one another.
A heartwarming sight I recall.

We used to take them both on our travels
Caravanning was our thing.
My husband used to like to get away,
At the top of his voice he would sing.

Tabitha was "Lost" when the dog departed.
But was always going out and about.
Then we discovered she was diabetic,
She had to remian idoors without q doubt.

Two shots of Insulin daily,
Was the routine that took preference I say.
But it kept her happy and healthy,
And was most comforting when hubby passed away.

Two years later  I had to part with her,
A much love cat I may say.
But by her memory I still love cats.
Right to this very day.


Yvonne Lewis 2020:

25/02/2020:

 

18 comments:

  1. Such a pretty cat! I can see why she brought you so much joy!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tabitha is a cutie. Pets are such great companions when you live alone. I hope you can always have a cat in your life. I love my dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found Tabitha very comforting after my husband passed away. As if she knew what I was going through.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. You're indeed so right Alex, Thank you.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. and cats seem to find a way to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post for a lovely kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh! We had to give shots to our cat Hobbes, who was definitely my favorite kitty. I've had a cat or two almost fifty of my fifty-four years. Love cats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was most dubious at first having to give Tabitha at first but with the help of a good vet overcame that. It's suprising how many cat lovers have to give their cats shops Diane.
      Thanks for your comment.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing Tabitha with us, Yvonne! Such a pretty kitty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Louise, much appreciated. Hope you are well.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  8. Cats and dogs make good companions. Cats are more adorable and clean but are more difficult to train. Tabitha certainly looks cute!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  9. She looks just like my cat Patches. Beautiful. Patches is about eleven or twelve years old. Don't know for sure because she showed up one day on my patio, a kitten that nobody else wanted, and made her home with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How kind to take your cat in Beverly.... I have a soft spot for unwanted cats.

      Yvonne.

      Delete