Wednesday 11 March 2020

FROM MOTHER TO DAUGHTER:

I wrote this to my daughter (above)
after she sensed my fear at this time.
She gave me a pep talk which I took notice of:
(Picture many years ago)
 
FROM MOTHER TO DAUGHTER.....
I OWE IT TO.....
 
I owe it to your dad,
To be the person he knew.
He was a womderful man.
Men like him are few.
 
I owe it to my son John,
To prove I can be a better mum.
Life's not the same without him
Not so much fun.
 
I owe it to you and Rob(eldest son)
Both of you have suffered much.
It breaks my heart what you've both endured.
Your plights my heart have touched.
 
I also owe it to myself.
That first small step to take.
To make me a better person.
For yours and my own sake.
 
Copyright Yvonne Lewis:
11/03/2020

15 comments:

  1. sounds like a wise daughter...now, who did she get some of this wisdom from...Yep - be strong and carry on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter is a daughter to be proud of, totally disabled now yet she put me to shame with her outlook on life.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful poem Yvonne. I hope you share it with your daughter. Have a nice Wednesday!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I speak with Donna on the phone each day Betty.
      Hope your Wednesday goes well.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Alex,,,,,,, must ptactice what I preach.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful. You are a courageous lady, Yvonne. I'm honored to be your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photo and poem, Yvonne. It's difficult to be strong, but we are all stronger than we think. We canceled our trip to Hawaii to be on the safe side. Please take care of you! Sending you a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For no reason at all, I chose random blogs to click on from the IWSG list... And what a surprise! Yvonne, I don't know if you remember me, probably not, but I remember you and your wonderful poems! I used to follow your blog (I think you had a different one, because I don't remember unfollowing anyone). This made me smile! I hope you have a great day as well. I'm so glad I clicked on your blog and found your beautiful writings again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bailba pleased you visited.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. Thinking of you and hoping that you are doing well, Yvonne! While we're self-isolating it's important to stay connected. 🍀🍀🍀 Happy St. Patrick's Day! ❤️💕🤞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having probs with my Broadband and am not allowed an enigneer because I'm in isolation because of my age.
      You take care Louise.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  8. That's lovely. I showed it to my old woman and she had a tear in her eye.

    Not So Sweet Toffee
    That's Purrfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit, much appreciated.
      Take care.

      Yvonne.

      Delete