Sunday 22 March 2020

TODAY IS MOTHER'S DAY:

 TODAY IS MOTHER'S DAY:

Today is Mother's Day here in the UK.
A proud mother I may say.
Above is my son and daughter.
Whom I loved from their first day.

They have both gone through health issues,
These past few years.
My daughter have been a rock to me,
During these weeks of global fears.

My son has to stay off work,
Because of his vulnerability.
But true to form no doubt.
Face it with his usual dignity.
Above is John my late son.
No message from him I will recieve.
But I will think of him deep within my heart,
That you can believe.

So on this special day for us mothers,
I wish you all peace and well.
Hoping all prayers will be answered.
That to you I tell.
Yvonne Lewis: 22/03/2020

15 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's day Yvonne! Wonderful children you raised!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely poem and nice salute to your kids - as their mom, you can be proud as punch. You have good memories of fun times when they were little. And no matter what, they are your babies. Take care and keep looking out that window. I'm waving from across the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Joanne, look forward to your long distance wave.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful Mother's Day, Yvonne. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lets say Beverly it was different this year. But nonethe less enjoyable.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Happy Mother's Day. Belated. Hope you enjoyed the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry, it was different but had greetings from my remaining two offsprings.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. I'm late with this but hope you had a lovely Mother's Day. Bless you and your children. May your days be filled with joy and love. Our children are gifts to treasure and be thankful for. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverly, I had greetings from my son and daughter . I did so miss my late son John's phone call.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. Hope your Mother's Day was wondrous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated Happy Mother's Day, Yvonne. I hope that you enjoyed your special day! I'm glad that you heard from your children. I loved seeing your wonderful pictures. We're about a month away from Mother's Day here. That's when I can be reasonably sure snow is behind us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Louise lovely to hear from you, I once spent Mother's Day in San Fransico it was my birthday too. Had a wonderful time.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete