Thursday 30 April 2020

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK:

As the world is going through a not so
good time , let me recall one of the 
beauty spots I've been privilleged to visit.:
YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK:
The sun was very hot as we departed San Francisco.
En-route to Yosemite National Park.
Everyone arose early.
In fact before the lark.

Once out of the city.
It was very barren land.
The sun had dired all the rivers.
Making wildlife very bland.

We saw many wind generators.
As we sped along our way.
As we continued our journey.
The grass became dried hay.

The desert loomed upon us,
Joshua trees appeared now and then.
Mountains all so evident,
Have been here since heaven knows when.

At last our destination reached.
We entered the National  Park.
Having some refreshments
As we had much to see before dark.

The mountains got higher.
Many still had snow on their peaks.
As the snow began to thaw
Cascading waterfalls we did see.

The sight was so awesome.
As we disembarked our coach.
All of us had bottles of water
As the blazing sun made us parched.

The highness of the mountains
Against the running of thawing snow.
It reminded me of the beginning of the world
Millions of years ago.

One felt very close to nature.
Each had our own private thoughts.
Not a word was spoken
Oh! the happiness the scenery brought.

We left to have a picnic meal
With squirrels begging for food.
However there were strict rules
"Not To Be Fed" ....for their own good.

We made our way to the motel
Where we were to stay overnight.
I recall thinking what a day?
Remembering those awesome sights.

I drifted off to sleep that night.
My head still, not spinning.
What a wonderful world it must have been
In the very beginning.

Copyright Yvonne Lewis: 2011
From the book
WRITTEN FROM THE HEART

12 comments:

  1. great memory for you. And yes, this brought back my trip. Wasn't it glorious? Yosemite is one of the prettiest places on this planet. No wonder Ansel Adams hung out and took so many photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was spellbound by the scenery there Joanne. Have never forgotten it.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. It's an amazing park, isn't it? I believe we visited when I was young. Probably some of the highest mountains you've ever seen, Yvonne?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Alex, the highest and the most wonderful mountains I've seen.
      Take care.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful visuals, Yvonne.
    Stay safe. Stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra. will try to stay safe and well but it's getting worse over here.
      Take care.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed reading about your trip to Yosemite Yvonne! Its amazing but I lived most of my life in California and never made it there. Might have to remedy that sometime soon when travel is allowed.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you do get there Betty, wonderful place.
      Take care.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Reminds me of our trip to Yellowstone when I was 8. Although the mountains of New Mexico impressed me more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane, never got to New Mexio but my late son and wife did.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful world it must have been
    In the very beginning.

    It is fantastically overwhelming. Your wonderful descriptions attest to it. Must have been heavenly in earlier times. Thanks for sharing Yvonne, Ma'am!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hank for you glowing comment.
      Take care.

      Yvonne.

      Delete