Saturday 2 May 2020

ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND:

The weekend is upon us once more.
May it go with a swing.
I wish I could venture out in the sun,
Like a bird on the wing.
 
Yesterday's weather was surprising.
The sky suddenly went ebony.
A flash of lighening accompanied by thunder
With rain pouring heavily.
 
It wasn't forecast I can tell.
Bet the forecasters were surprised.
When they saw the sun disappear,
In front of their very eyes.
 
However today the sun is awake.
Although not many people out and about.
Only doing essential shopping.
That is without a doubt.
 
Do enjoy your weekend.
Whatever you have in mind.
And should you be lucky to go outside.
I hope the weather will be kind.
 
HAPPY WEEKEND:
 
Yvonne Lewis: 02/05/2020:

8 comments:

  1. I hope your weekend goes good Yvonne. Going to be a hot one here.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy the sunshine Betty if you're allowed out and about.

      YVONNE

      Delete
  2. Beautiful day here although we had a bit of unexpected rain yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleased it's a beautiful day there for you Alex. Out thunder yesterday was unexpected.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. big heat wave hit here and I was not on the computer to comment. Outside - sweating but soaking in the sun. I enjoyed a dip in our pool, but stayed safe from crowds. Always happy to read a poem from you. Take care and back on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pleased you had a great weekend Joanne, lets hope the coming week will equal that.
    Take care.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! The weekend sure zipped by fast. I didn't accomplish anything on my list. Yes, I make a list of what to do. Seldome do it. I try, anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by as always Beverly. Enjoy each day as it arrives.

      Yvonne.

      Delete