Thursday 25 June 2020

A MOTHER'S JEWEL:

Again an old poem I wrote but it
is how I feel today as my daughter
and husband have been doing my shopping
during these uncertain times.
 
A MOTHER'S JEWEL:
You are the pearl within the oyster,
The stars that shine by night.
You have shared with me some dark days,
You have helped me through my plight.
 
To me you're a jewel that's priceless,
One with a heart of gold.
You have warmed the very soul of me,
When my feelings were so cold.
 
Thank you dear daughter,
You're a treasure beyond compare.
Should you need me anytime,
It goes without saying I'll be there.
 
My burden you have lightened,
You are a special kind of girl.
As I have already mentioned
You're my jewel, you're  my pearl.
 
Copyright Yvonne Lewis 2011
From the book.
Written From The Heart:

12 comments:

  1. very nice and I'm so glad they do help by shopping, etc. It's just tough times that aren't going to end soon. Just so you know - Ray and I aren't the crazy Texans running amok. We are very frustrated with folks here including younger family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Joanne Donna my daughter and husband have been wonderful throughout. I do understand how you and Ray must be feeling like seeing people not behaving as been advised. When they eased a few restrictions here our local beach was really overcrowded ignoring the social distancing.
      Take care both of you.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. What a lovey tribute to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra, Hope all is well with you.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. So beautiful! A loving tribute to your daughter! I hope she saw the poem!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty, yes she did see the poem.
      Hope you are safe and well.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. What a sweet poem for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane, much appreciated hope all is well with you.

      Yvonne,

      Delete
  5. Lovely, lovely. I'm so happy that you have such a precious daughter. She loves you so and is a blessing. Stay safe, all of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverly, will try to stay safe especailly after so many people descended on our beaches yesterday without social distancing.
      Yvonne.

      Delete