Thursday 30 July 2020

IMPERMANENCE

Yesterday was laid up with
arthitis in my fingers.
Did much thinking.
IMPERMANENCE:
The changes of the seasons,
Spring, summer, winter and fall.
We've grown used to that throughout out lives,
Eeach season has it's beauty we must recall.

But the changes worldwide that now exists
That have ocuured throughout this year.
The little things in life we took for granted,
Are no longer here.

A pleasant walk on the beach,
Meeting up with family and friends.
Sporting matches, and concerts.
Where will the list end.

We now have to cover our faces,
If to the shops we go.
Keeping social distance,
Not letting our feelings show.

Is this to be the new normality?
Be that as it may.
Things HAS to get better surely,
As we travel along life's way.

It may take a while yet,
That I do agree.
That those little things in life WILL return.
In all positivity.

HAVE A HAPPY THURSDAY:
Yvonne Lewis: 30/07/2020

10 comments:

  1. You used your thinking time well. Good poem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne.... I can think sometimes lol.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I hope not Alex at my age it's very bewildering.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. I hope those things do come back Yvonne. I fear we'll be wearing masks for a while into the future.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty, at least the masks hides the new face wrinkles that come with age.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Well said. I think we will get there, but it's going to be awhile.
    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Sandra, I try not to worry but being alone makes things worse.
      You take care.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. It is a scarey thought that our whole future will continue like this. I hope you're right, Yvonne, and life finds some kind of normality, if there is such a thing anymore. It's sad to think back how life used to be. Yes, there were problems, but not like we're having now, I think. Only time will tell. Stay well and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yoou're right Beverly only time will tell. But it's the small things I do so miss at present.
      Take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete