Tuesday 1 December 2020

HI TO DECEMBER:


HI TO DECEMBER:

At last December has reached us,

The Festive Season almost here.

I wonder if Santa will be wearing a mask,

As his sleigh rides through skies so clear.

 

Christmas will be different this year,

Although I'm used to being alone.

But I will speak to my family,

By the technology of the phone.

 

It will give folk time to reflect,

The real reason why we celebrate.

Like the many small things we;ve taken for granted,

A feeling I've come to hate.

 

Yourselves, do have a wonderful month,

Whatever the weather may be.

Above all stay safe where you are

And of course remain healthy.

 

We have to live in hope,

That conditions will improve.

So with this thought in mind.

I send you all my love.

 

Yvonne Lewis: 01/12/2020

 

,

 

14 comments:

  1. Santa is magic - no mask needed.
    Our Christmas won't be much different. I prefer to be at home during that time anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by Alex. I have been on my own at Christmas for years.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. lovely poem to kick off Dec. Yes we must just wear masks, talk on the phone, and find peace in our place. We can do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Joanne. Much appreciated.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. This is a lovely time of the year, even though our weather has been cold. Most people are cheerful and smile, and children are all excited. This Christmas will be different. No big famiy get together. But one day, we'll see each other again, and that will be so exciting. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Beverly a lovely time of the year why let the virus spoil things. You also have a good week.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Hopefully by next Christmas things will have returned to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just can't believe it is December already! But I think I said that for every month this year! A festive month indeed! I think everyone will be scaling back their festivities this month but still indeed a good month to reflect! Happy December back to you Yvonne!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Betty , yes it has been an unusual year and yes, people will be celebrating Christmas on a smaller scale this year.
      Take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Oh boy, December already! I can't move fast enough, Yvonne ~ LOL! Wishing you much joy in this special season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise likewise your good self.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. This Christmas sill be different for sure. Since my family all, except one, lives in different states, I won't be weeing them. My one son who lives near by will be over, which is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased you will be seeing one of your family over Christmas Beverly. As we all know Christmas WILL be different.
      Take care,

      Yvonne.

      Delete