Tuesday 12 January 2021

HERE'S TO A GOOD TUESDAY:


HERE'S TO A GOOD TUESDAY:

Hope all is well with everyone.

Tuesday is now here.

It's a very busy day for me/

No time for tears and fears.

 

I have a phone consultation

With my doctor about painful hand.

Hoping he can help with the pain.

As my typing is not the best in the land.

 

Then My son is going to phone.

He's off work because of the lockdown.

Not too pleased about that I can tell

As I can imagine his frown.




 

It is lovely though to hear from him,

We have a good old natter.

By then it will be lunchtime,

As we end up our happy chatter.

 

Then my son in law will arrive,

Sometime this afternoon.

With my weekly provisions,

To see him I will be over the moon.

 

He is the only person I see,

Since this last lockdown has commenced.

It's very lonely I can say,

But these restrictions do make common sense.

 

I hope all is well with you,

All is safe and well.

Not much to write about these days,

But then I guess you could tell.

 

HAPPY TUESDAY:

Yvonne Lewis: 12/01/2021:

 

14 comments:

  1. You'll be talking to a lot of people today and that's good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your poem is still a nice shout out on a Tuesday. Glad you can "natter" with a son and then see a son-in-law - a good bloke!! Stay warm, safe, and good luck with your hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne, can't do anything about my hand, it needs a cortisone shot but it tends to lowere one's immunity, not good during a pandemic.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. That's nice you will be able to talk to your son today. I saw an article today about Japan and how without mass testing or lockdowns they've managed to keep their numbers low and deaths the lowest of any developed nation. I couldn't access the rest of the article to find out why though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very interesting Diane, there appears much speculation but nothing concrete.
      Do take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. I hope your doctor can help you with the pain in your hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas no Chrys, say I need a cortisone shot but it tends to lower the immune system...... not good with a pandemic in progress.
      Thanks for coming by Chrys.

      Take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Thank goodness for phone calls and the occasional visit!
    We're keeping close as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jemi, the phone was a marvellous invention.
      Take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. I agree it's lonely. Glad you have some things to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good day Natalie, Hope all is well your end.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. I hope you and your son had a great natter, Yvonne. And also I hope that hand is feeling better. Do you have a source of warm heat like a rice bag or a hot water bottle? Sometimes gentle heat can sooth arthritis pain. Likely you've tried every trick in the book though. That kitty's mug is darling. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Louise had a good chat with Rob, yes I have been using hot water bottles, I guess the cold weather does not help the pain.

      Take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete