Monday 5 April 2021

A TO Z CHALLENGE......D

A TO Z CHALLENGE.......D:
Continuing my travelling life:
D is for DEATH VALLEY:
Touring around California,
Exhausted after a tiring day.
We stopped to rest overnight.
At "Death Valley" I may say.
We were staying at Furnace Creek,
That is pictured above.
My, it was so hot there,
A cool drink I was looking forward to with love.
 
Death Valley is in the heart of the desert,
Which explained the intense heat.
On the site was a cafe and post office.
And plenty of seats to rest ones feet.
 
Our room was really nice,
Comfy bed, that was for sure.
But sleep took a time in coming,
I ending up pacing the floor.
 
When morning eventually came.
Breakfast was lovely I state.
Went to post some postcards home,
Before boarding our coach.... oh dear I was late.

See you all tomorrow,
For letter "E".
Have a lovely day today,
Best wishes to you from me.

Yvonne Lewis: 05/04/2021:
 
 

 

12 comments:

  1. Fun poem. I've never been to Death Valley but the temps always look daunting. I'm enjoying your jaunts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne, much appreciated. It was hot there.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Dry heat or not, bet it was scorching hot there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very hot Alex, thanks for the visit.
      Have a good Monday and new week.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. I'm enjoying hearing about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra , I do appricate you coming by,

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Great fun, another iconic place I would love to visit!
    https://iainkellywriting.com/2021/04/05/the-state-trilogy-a-z-guide-d/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was some place Uaun I can tell you.
      Thanks for the visit.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. What a fun topic for the #atozchallenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for coming by, much appreciated.
      Enjoy the challenge.
      Take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Oh yes, Death Valley! It's a hot spot that I enjoyed visiting. I love you're theme for the A-Z, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thabk you Louise for all the comments enjoyed reading them.

      Yvonne.

      Delete