Tuesday 6 April 2021

A TO Z CHALLENGE 2021:.......E

THE A TO Z CHALLENGE 2021...... E

Continuing my travels.

E IS FOR EDINBURGH 

Although I live in the UK

This was the first time I went North.

I went to Edinburgh some years ago

Which happy memories brought forth.

Again, it was to see Daniel in concert,

What a wonderful time was had.

Wonderful concerts and hotel,

Pity the weather was bad.

 

Twas there I met Shirley ,

At the same shows.

She was at the same hotel

Came from N. Ireland you know.


 

 

We were friends for many years,

She, also a fan of Danny Boy.

We had many happy times together,

Filling our hearts with Joy.

 


Here is me above with the man himself,

Taken many years ago.

We both look many years older now.

But in my heart is still a glow.

 

Yvonne Lewis:

 

12 comments:

  1. Always fun to re-live memories of old times past. Your heart will always be aglow.
    Cheers,
    Crackerberries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for coming by, much appreciated. Recalling fond memories are keeping me going during these uncertain times in the world.
      Enjoy the rest of the challenge.
      Take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Glad you met a friend on your trip. Awesome that you've traveled to so many places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Natalie Shirley and I were friends for years. Good friend.
      Hope you are well.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. This is a very fun A to Z. I'd like to visit Edinburgh. I have a friend hoping to visit Scotland in the fall - who knows if things will open for her travel?
    Glad this was such a fun trip for you and meeting like-minded Danny boy fans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your friend do get to Scotland but things will have to improve.
      It was and hopefully again going to Daniel concerts.
      Take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Lovely that you had a friend with a shared interest. I was hoping to go to the Edinburh festival this year, but I don't think it'll be happening - again!

    Here's my E!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope the Edinburgh Festival do go ahead for you.
      Hope you are well.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. So many fond memories in Edinburgh! And so fun finding old photographs. Good luck with your A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynnetta for coming by, pleased to meet you.
      Hope you are well.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Danny Boy is a wonderful singer! You have a visit to Edinburgh to remember always, Yvonne! I have never been there, but I was aware of the city since I was a young child. My Nana MacBeath had a painting of Edinburgh Castle in her kitchen, and I ate a meal or snack in front of it many, many times. She often made me a grape nut ice cream/ginger ale float which was a special treat. So the castle and the ice cream float are forever linked for me. Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had a great time there and made new friends and of course meeting Danny Boy was a bonus.

      Yvonne.

      Delete