Thursday 15 April 2021

THE A TO Z CHALLENGE 2021:.........M

THE A TO Z CHALLENGE 2021:

Continuing place's I've travelled to.

M IS FOR MALAGA:

Today we're back in Spain,

Here in Malaga City.

A place I've been to many times.

Not to have gone would have been a pity.

Above is the place 

Where artist Picasso was born.

It looks better than the picture,

Here it looks forlorn.

 

My son would take me to Malaga

When him and his wife I would see.

I found it a most interesting place,

Many places of interest to me.

 


 Above is a picture of the bar Cheers,

An exact replica of the bar in the TV show.

It was a favourite place to visit,

Whenever to Malaga I did go.

 

Yvonne Lewis:



12 comments:

  1. A replica of the Cheers bar - how fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Alex fun it was, We were expecting one of the cast from Cheers to walk in.
      Take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. sounds like a lovely little town, especially since you got to be with your late son and his wife. Grand memories of sunshine and sangria. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne, yes it was lovely, and as yyyou say lovely weather.
      Take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful place - no wonder Picasso was inspired by it.
    https://iainkellywriting.com/2021/04/15/the-state-trilogy-a-z-guide-m/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain for your lovely comment, much appreciated.

      Take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Fascinating about the Cheers replica bar. And I didn't realize that was Picasso's birth place.
    Take special care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sandra Picasso was born there and Cheers Bar was great.

      Have a good weekend.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Nice to re-live the Cheers episode of TV fame! At times watching Cheers could be frustrating as it ended up too soon!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Hank it was a great place to visit, especially having seen the series on TV.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Malaga! In 1972 a girlfriend and I were visiting Spain after finishing at Acadia University ~ doing the Volkswagen trip around parts of Europe. Her boyfriend Cammy traveled part of the way with us. He was a geology classmate of mine. Our goal was Malaga. We never got there. We stopped in Madrid to buy tires and cash a cheque at American Express. I went on a blind date and ended up in California. One day maybe I'll see it! I'm glad you have wonderful memories of spending time in Malaga with your son and his wife. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get there Louise, I always flew into Malaga when I visited John. Great place.

      Yvonne.

      Delete