Friday 25 March 2022


 This Sunday we celebrate Mother's Day

here is a tribute to

MY MUM:

You were a mum in a million,

One with a heart of gold.

Your first priority was you family,

Your memory will never grow old.


Although your life was very tough,

You taught me right from wrong.

You set me a good example,

Your love made me strong.


I thank you for so many things

You sacrificed for me.

Yes, life was very hard for you,

Dad died when I was three.


Throughout my life you were always there

When I needed you.

Many years ago the roles were reversed

As I spent your last day with you.


As I sat and held your hand,

As you passed from one life to another.

With tears in my eyes, I said my goodbyes,

To a lady I was proud to call Mother.


(from my book Negative V. Positive ) 2008:

Yvonne Lewis: 25/03/2022:

6 comments:

  1. You wrote an excellent poem for your mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alex, much appreciated.
      Have a great weekend.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Lovely poem and tribute. Happy Mother's Day weekend to you too. Stay positive and think of happy memories. I know that's hard, but your mum sounds like she was tough and would want you to walk chin up. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne for those lovely words. Mum was tough.....which I could be more like her, As a young girl she lived through thr Spanish Flu Pandemic.
      Have a good weekend and take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful tribute to your mom, Yvonne.
    Hope your weekend is grand and that you get your walking in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra, Do have a wonderful weekend yourself and keep safe and well.

      Yvonne.

      Delete