Wednesday 7 September 2022

THE WISH:

My mind went back to a wish,

I made many years ago.

My family was young and noisy,

But I loved them so.

 

One particular day however,

The noise was at full peak,

I sat back and made a wish,

"Oh For A Bit of Peace And Quiet" I seek.

 

Eldest son playing computer games,

Younger son watching on TV a soccer match.

Daughter blasting out George Micheal records,

My breath I tried to catch.

 

Well many years have passed now,

Children all flown the nest.

Younger son no longer with us,

Still getting over that I confess.

 

Today, I do have that peace and quiet,

The loneliness mind boggling I relate.

I go for days without seeing a soul,

Which is something that I really hate.

 

So getting back to that wish,

That was made in years gone past.

"Don't Take The Good Times For Granted"

For you'll never know how long they may last. 

 

Yvonne Lewis:07/09/2022

 

 

8 comments:

  1. So agree that we shouldn't take the good times for granted. I try to be grateful every day, even though this is a harder phase for me because I live alone since my husband died and my daughter grew up. I find there is always things to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalie for your lovely comment. it is hard going it alone but must get my act together.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. As you said, be careful what you wish for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Alex I must and thank you for coming by.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. That's why we have to be grateful for every situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep - this poem is too true and we've all been there. But you've seen the light...at least for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am fed up with my own company, I can understand why people shun me.....lol
      Thanks for coming by Joanne, much appreciated.

      Delete