Sunday 11 September 2022

TODAYS MEMORIES:

Today September the 11th,

Brings many sad memories.

I watched in horror on TV,

What was happeming overseas.

 

My heart goes out to our American friends,

Especially those who had loved and lost.

That terrible tradgedy should not had happened

Not at any cost.

 

As each year passes,

The memories of course still remain.

The month of  September,

Certainly brings many pains.

 

Whilst I was in New York  City.

Some years ago.

We visited "Ground Zero"

Feeling "Humbled" at the scene below.

 

September the 11th,

I have personal memoroes so sad,

For three years previous to the US tradgedy,

I lost my husband, my kids lost a dad.

 

He was a wonderful person,

Loved byfamily and friends.

I shall sit and reflect my memories today,

Whatever the weather may send.

 

Yvonne Lewis: 11/09/2022

 

 

9 comments:

  1. A very sad day for you.
    Many tributes going on today for 9/11.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alex, yes a sad day, I had a text from my daughter which I was so pleased. There must be so many things going on In America.
      Here, with the sad passing of the queen so much on TV. September is certainly a month for reflections.
      Have a good day and indeed a new week.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry the 11th is such a sad day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were in NYC back on 9/1/2001, so when we got home and ten days later the planes flew into the towers, right where we had visited, we were shocked. Certainly we'll Never Forget. Your poem is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a shoock for you Joanne, to think you were there only days before. Thanks for coming by.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the lovely memorium, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 9/11 was horrific. I'll never forget that day. You understand the pain of losing a beloved husband as so many did on 9/11. Wishing you heart's ease and happy memories of your husband, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete