Saturday 24 September 2022

SATURDAYS PAST.:

I recall Saturday's past,

Ones of yesteryear.

Before there were world problems,

That has brought many fears.

 

Today would have been "Market Day"

Where I would love to browse.

Looking at all the new clothes,

Away from sorrow and rows.

 

I would meet up with friends,

Having a good natter.

Whilst having a coffee and cake,

Taking our  time what did it matter.?

 

I would go there whatever the weather,

Happiness on face and within heart.

I hope to return to my "Market Day"

As I intend to make a "Fresh Start"

 

Yvonne Lewis: 24/09/2022: 

4 comments:

  1. I hope you get back to your special Market Days soon, Yvonne, nattering and having coffee and cake with your friends. I have just recently started going back to my favorite book store again to browse through books and magazines and have a coffee and a treat. It's my special time out in the week. If I've learned anything, it's never too late to make a fresh start. Sending you a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for such a lovely comment, So pleased you're getting back to your favourite book store. It must feel great . At my age (well over 70} I hope it's not too late for me..lol. Eventually I would like to resume going to concerts and travelling.
      Hope you and hubby are keeping better. take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Be careful and I do hope you can enjoy a market day soon. You deserve a treat and to see the sights and hear the sounds of people. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be careful Joanne, will not go until I feel really ready.
      Yvonne.

      Delete