Tuesday 24 July 2018

THE LONG HOT SUMMER CONTINUES:

THE LONG HOT SUMMER CONTINUES:
I awoken early this morning,
Was out 6am for some fresh air.
As I walked steadily around the block,
Found there was no fesh air out there.

It was already very high temperatures,
Although abroad it's hotter I declare.
But with the right type of air conditioning,
We would be ok, it just isn't fair.

I saw the neighbourhood cats,
I stood and observed for a while.
Going home for their breakfast no doubt,
After a night out on the tiles.

Tennessee was waiting for me,
Of late have not seen him so much.
Probably enjoying the sunshine.
At straws I was beginning to clutch.

Today will be spent catching up
On the weekend's blogs.
That will take some considerable time.
So I don't get my brain in a fog.

Do have a wonderful Tuesday.
Whatever the weather may be.
I shall remain in doors I expect.
As it's too hot to look at the sea.
Yvonne Lewis 24/07/2018:

12 comments:

  1. We didn't have AC in Oregon, either in the house or our cars. Certainly needed it when I moved to Arkansas though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I lived in Spainit was hotter than here but we had AC which made all the difference. Lovely to hear from you Diane.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. too hot for the sea is sad. But I feel your hot flash- we are "cooler" here today. Supposed to be under 100 F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Acording to the weather news Britian is about to break all time records temperature wise........OH DEAR.

      Thanks for coming by Sandra.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Sure loooong and hot indeed. Not fun to be out in all day at our feed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiger and I just returned from our morning walk. Temperature 79 degrees. A beautiful pleasant morning. The afternoon will be around 100. I'll stay in the house. My tough cat will stay outside. Patches prefers the indoors. I'm thankful for air conditioning and can't understand why places that get so hot do not have it too. We matched or broke records about five days in a row. Happy it's better now. I hope your weather cools off soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely informative comment Beverly, it sure is hot here.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Tennessee was probably looking for someplace cool to hang out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sherry, his real home is just along the stree.

      Yvonne.

      Delete