Saturday 10 November 2018

A WEEKEND OF REMEMBERANCE:

 A WEEKEND OF REMEMBERANCE:
Today would have been the birthday of my hubby,
Pictured above as you can see.
He would have been seventy eight years old
If he were still with me.

We shared some wonderful birthdays together
During the thirtyfive years we were wed.
Every year we'd go for a meal
After all was done and said.

This year however he will have company,
That of  our youngest son John.
Talking about football no doubt.
Whilst I have memories so fond.
 
 Above is a photo of my dad,
It would have been his birthday too.
He passed away when I was three,
Memories of him are few.

He missed so much and many people,
That played an important part of my life.
He wasn't there to walk me down the aisle
When I became a wife.
Tomorrow is "Rememberance Day" here in the UK.
Of those who died in the conflicts and wars.
Hoping for peace throughout the nations,
Who could wish for more.

There is always a special service in London,
I do hope the weather improves.
It's in the open air at the Cenataph.
To watch, one is very moved.


So all in all it's a weekend to remember,
A few silent tears I will shed of a kind.
But through the tears with be smiles I know,
For the wonderful memories that remain in my mind.


Yvonne Lewis 10/11/2018


 

14 comments:

  1. Greetings Yvonne. A well-written piece. So sorry for your losses, I hope in time you will grieve less and remember more? A time to remember those who've lost their lives whilst serving in the forces. A heart-felt poem. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Andrew, thanks again for your wonderful comment. It's very rainly and windy heere on the South Coast.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Keeping those many wonderful memories alive is the way to be indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well written of remembrance....may God bless you.

    have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming by Tanza, pleased to have met you.
      Also thanks for the lovely comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Remember the good moments and know they are sharing them in Heaven now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true Alex. You enjoy your Sunday.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely tribute to your loved ones. I especially appreciated 'Talking about football no doubt.' What a lovely, heart warming thought.
    I hope your weekend is filled with wonderful memories and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra for your kind words. I do appreciate you taking the trouble in your busy weekend to write.

      Have a peaceful Sunday:
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. You have such lovely memories, Yvonne, and your words express your feelings in such a precious way. Feel the love coming down from heaven to hold you close. Have a restful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Beverly many thanks for your lovely words, always something supportive to say.
      Hope your Sunday is peaceful.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. Hi, Yvonne! I decided to pop over and say "Hi." I've seen Nashvillecats2 all over the place for ages, and I've been meaning to visit your blog. Silly me, I thought you were from Nashville! What a lovely tribute to three important men that you have lost! You must miss them terribly. Remembrance Day is celebrated in Canada, too. I was born in Canada, but I moved to the USA in 1973. Our Veterans Day will always be Remembrance Day to me. I'm guessing when you say football that you are talking about soccer ~ Regardless, here's hoping your husband and son are joyfully spending time with each other. Have a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thanks for coming by. Lovely to hear from you. I went to Toronto a few years ago and had a great time.
      It's great to see a new name among the comments and I do appreciate your visit.
      Have a peaceful Sunday.
      Yvonne.

      Delete