Sunday 11 November 2018

ENJOY YOUR SUNDAY:

ENJOY YOUR SUNDAY:
 
With high winds and torrential rain,
Lapping our English shores.
Long gone are the hot days of summer,
As we welcome Sunday once more.
 
Whether one is going to church,
Or staying firmly inside.
Enjoy your Sunday whatever your plans,
Letting any heartache and tears subside.
 
Tennessee has had his breakfast,
Soaking wet was he.
Had been outside for quite a while,
He seemed pleased to eventually see me.
 
Will be catching up on chores,
Which have obviously lasped of late.
I love my apartment to be spick and span,
Untidiness is something I hate.
 
Happy Sunday everyone ,
Whatever the side of the pond you may be.
Should you think of coming to the South Coast.
Pop in and have a cup of tea.
 
Yvonne Lewis 11/11/2018:

10 comments:

  1. Greetings Yvonne. A well-written piece that I enjoyed reading. Summer has definitely been and gone, sorry you are experiencing some bad weather - it's raining here and quite windy. I'll try and enjoy today, a nice day of rest. I hope you get your chores done for some peace-of-mind. If I am ever in your area I will take you up on the offer of a nice brew! Blessings to you. Enjoy your day. God bless you. Love love, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you as always Andrew. hope your weather is better than ours.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Spick and span sure is a win indeed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yvonne. It's looking like winter here. Light snow predicted fro tomorrow. I'm really not a winter person, but have no control over the winter. The cats want outside. The dog wants inside. I think I'll hide somewhere. I went to Sunday School and church this morning. Hope to relax inside this afternoon. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness Beverly snow already? Pleased you managed church.

      You also have a good week.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. twas a gloomy day here, but that's November. I enjoyed brunch and a museum visit with a friend. Indoors was cozy. Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleased you enjoyed your brunch and museum amid the gloomy day Joanne.

      Enjoy the new week.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry that you are dealing with high wind and torrential rains, Yvonne. My husband and I were in Brighton and Hove in September, and the weather was lovely. I like our home tidy, too. I get depressed when when things are cluttered. I am in awe of people who can write poetry! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All chores and laundry done and dusted. I let things go for a few weeks after hearing the sad news about my son in Spain.
      But I needed clean clothes and bedding.

      Thanks for your visit, much appreciated.
      Yvonne.

      Delete