Wednesday 14 November 2018

FACING ONE'S FEARS:

FACING ONE'S FEARS:
Yesterday was horrendous,
Fears of life filled my mind.
It was brought on by a sleepless night,
No peace could I find.
 
Although I kept myself busy,
My recent berevement came to the fore.
The fears I felt about that situation.
Made me afraid even more.
 
By last evening however,
I gave myself "A Talk".
"Yvonne " said I.
From your fears away you have to walk.
 
First you have to face them.
Establishing if you have cause for concern.
That being done and dusted.
"Walk Away" from them you must learn.
 
Well I sat there and pondered.
Which way was I going to go.?
I then realised my son had no choicce.
I WILL overcome them and to the world I'll show.
 
Show I can be brave,
In any given situation.
Show I can overcome my fears
And perhaps, be an asset to the nation.
 
Yvonne Lewis 14/11/2018
 
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Overcome has to be the way as we keep on each day

    ReplyDelete
  2. good pep talk and you are an asset. Chin up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne lovely of you to say so.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Today there are a lot of stuff that happen and reminding ourselves that we must face our fear is a way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, recently I lost a son who was living abroad. It hit hard and brought about many fears.
      Thanks for coming by I do appreciate it.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful resolve. Wonderful verse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a brave woman, Yvonne. Your post proves it. Facing life isn't always easy, but your poetry is inspiring. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Beverly a lovely comment but yes, facing life isn;t easy.....but I will try.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Greetings Yvonne. A well-written poetic piece. Sorry your have your fears, I hope in time they will lessen. So sorry for your loss again. You express yourself well in your verses. Sorry to take so long to comment, I had a really busy day yesterday and had little time to blog. Going to pick my Grandchildren up now from their Nan's in the next town along - I'm taking them to school. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrew, have a safe journey and hope you enjoy seeing your grandchildren.

      Yvonne.

      Delete