Tuesday 18 December 2018

PICTURE OF A CHRISTMAS MEMORY............TABITHA:

This is a photo of my old long gone cat Tabitha.
This was taken one Christmas.
The below poem was featured in my first book
Negative V. Postive....2008

TABITHA:
Hi, my name is Tabitha,
I'm a diabetic cat.
I can't go out to play anymore,
But I've accepted that.

My "Mum" gives me a needle,
Each morning and at night.
I didn't like it much at first,
It gave me quite a fright.

Foodwise it's very uninteresting,
No cat meat, milk or such.
I have the dry food varitey,
Which I don't care for very much.

But on the plus side of life,
I travel many miles.
To visit friends of "Mums"
You should see the people smile.

I travel by the car,
I travel by the train.
Should the weather be sunny,
Or should the weather be rain.

So all you diabetic cats out there,
Listen and take heed.
You'll get some peculiar looks
When you get taken for a walk on a lead.

ME-OW:

Copyright Yvonne Lewis 2008:

 

12 comments:

  1. Greetings Yvonne. I enjoyed reading this nice piece, well done. You expressed the cats perspective very well. It is a shame our pets do not live as long as their owners! Blessings. Love love, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tabitha was a lovely cat Andrew, we had her for 14 years.
      Thanks for your lovely comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. When you get taken
    for a walk on a lead.

    Not many cats have this privilege, perhaps more for a dog. Tabitha is obviously a special cat. Nice write Yvonne!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hank, Tabitha WAS a lovely cat and very much loved.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. She still got to lead a very full life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she did Alex, I used to take her with me after my husband passed away. She was a great comfort for those two years that we were alone.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. What a sweet kitty. We had to give Hobbes insulin shots for her diabetes, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you know all about insulin shots too Diane, After a while I got used to it but was nervous at first.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Have one here that gets shots. If she went anywhere though she would have a fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite a responsibility having to give an animal shots. I was a bit scared at first but soon got used to the routine.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. What a precious cat she must have been. I'm thankful I don't have to give my cats shots. It would be a battle, I think, especially with Patches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband used to give Tabitha her shots then found out he was ill so I took over. I was scared at first but soon got used to the proceedure.

      Yvonne.

      Delete