Tuesday 8 January 2019

A PATIENT PATIENT:

A PATIENT PATIENT:
I visited my doctor yesterday,
Informed him of my wait for treatment.
He told me very nicely
In not a very good statement.
 
It appears it's normal procedure,
For a six month therapy wait.
I was none too pleased my friends,
I can catagorily state.
 
"I Have To Be Patient"
That's what was told to me.
Was told to "Go Home And Rest"
Well we'll just have to see.
 
I would like some sort of life,
During this season of the cold.
I picked up my belongings
And walked out on him feeling bold.
 
I will complain at the highest level,
Wishing I had someone who could back me.
I returned home to my apartment,
Then took a walk to my beloved sea.
 
The NHS here in my area,
Are not what they supposed to be.
If I have to be a patient patient.
I'll get someone else to look after me.
 
Yvonne Lewis: 08/01/2019
 

14 comments:

  1. Greetings Yvonne. A well-written poignant poetic-piece. I'm so sorry you have to wait six-months for your treatment when it now you want seeing to! The NHS certainly needs a shake-up! Blessings to your sweet-self from me my Friend. Love love, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew, I'm about to shake up the NHS. I learned today I also have to wait til May to see a consultant about my Epilepsy which got out of control when my son passed away.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Rest and wait? What kind of medical advice is that? Do lodge a complaint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds very frustrating indeed. Good luck and fight the system!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Six months is way too long to wait for therapy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that, you know that but the medics over here just don't care it appears. Thank you Sandra.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Good for you, Yvonne. Stand up for your rights. I can't believe they won't take care of your problems for six months. That is awful and dangerous. Shake them up good. Can you sue a doctor? Whatever it takes. Hugs and prayers to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverly heard today that the consultant I have been reffered to about my Epilepsy can't see me until May.
      So between the arthitis and Epilepsy what am I to do?
      I must complain, it appears once one has past retirement age you have to wait.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Yeah, dumb that any answer is wait and wait, pfft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat for your very true comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. :( Not a good result for sure, Yvonne! I love the sea too. I love getting outdoors anywhere I can. Wishing you a good day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think once one gets to a certain age the health service casts you aside. Well thev'e not reckoned with me yet.

      Yvonne.

      Delete