Wednesday 6 November 2019

IWSG NOVEMBER 2019:

 Welcome to the November Insecure writer's Group.
I hope you have a wonderful month.
Thanks to Alex and team for a wonderful group.

REMEMBERING:

This Sunday(10th) is Rememberance Day,
When we remember those who gave the "Ultimate Sacrifice"
In "World Wars" and "Conflicts"
That future generations can live in  peace.

I will watch on TV the annual sevice.
Attended by royalty and politicians.
It's a very sombre moment I can relate,
As it is watched by many nations.

I was born at the end of the war,
So can't recall  what occured.
But am very thankful for the life I've had.
As many war stories I have heard.


This sunday is also the birthday of my dad,




He too was a soldier as you can see.
It's the only photo I have of him.
He passed away when I was three.

I can't recall him but have often thought.
How different my life could have been.
I used to be envious of my friends
When with their dads they were seen.

Yet another birthday rememberance



My hisband had the same birth date.
He would have been seventy-nine on Sunday.
How being without him I hate.
 
So Sunday is going to be a day,
Of  remerbering many memories so good.
Although he is remebered each day 
As he most deservedly should.
 
I hope the weather inproves,
So I can get to the beach.
Alone with my thoughts and memories.
All tears and strife out of reach.

Yvonne Lewis :
 
 
 
 

18 comments:

  1. I miss my husband so much too, and his birthdays are hard. His comes right after Thanksgiving. I hope you get through Sunday okay. It's hard when you've lost so many you love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment Natalie.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. I will be thinking about you this Sunday.
    And you might have to sign up again on the IWSG list. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alex for the comment and why to sign up again ?

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Your dad and your husband were both handsome men. How interesting they shared the same birthday. I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to know your dad. It is hard to grow up without a dad around (I know since my dad died when I was 18 months old). I think it is lovely there is an annual service to honor those who served and I think it is great that they telecast it on the TV for others to view who can't be there in person.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty for wonderful comment. much appreciated.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. What a great tribute to two men who were a part of you.

    Teresa C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really hope the weather is good so you can get to the beach on Sunday. You need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane your kind words are most appreciated.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Remembrance Day is an important day.

    Lovely tributes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrys. Lovelyn to hear from you.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. You have so many beautiful memories, Yvonne. And the pictures are great. I love pictures. And sometimes imagine what they'd look like today. Hope you get to go to the beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverly, I hope I get to the beach but there is much damage done from the high winds and rain at the weekend. I have to be around for the workmen.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  8. How sad that you lost your dad at three, Yvonne! That's a hole in your heart that can't be filled ~ only managed. How much that single photo must mean to you! I enjoyed seeing the photos of these two important people in you life. They both strike me as good and decent individuals. May Sunday be filled with heartwarming memories for you. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise for your lovely comment, I do appreciate your visits.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  9. I guess all the men of your dad's generation were soldiers. My own included but I was lucky enough to have him for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad joined the army when he was 16 yrs old. served in India I was told. Thanks for your comment Susan.

      Yvonne.

      Delete