Thursday 10 September 2020

ONE DATE......TWO DIFFERENT YEARS:

 ONE DATE.....TWO DIFFERENT YEARS:
Tomorrow it will be 11th September,
A sad memory I'll recall.
The day my dearest husband passed away in 1998,
A man loved and respeceted by all.

He was a wonderful husband and dad,
What a wonderful life we shared.
Always going here and there in our caravan,
For his family he deeply cared.

He was and still is sadly missed,
Although twenty two years have passed by.
Tomorrow I will sit alone with my memories,
No doubt a few tears I will cry.

I will also be thinking of those in the US,
Of what the 11th September means to them all.
So many people lost friends and loved ones,
When the Twin Towers did fall.

I will never forget the impact it had
On the world far and near.
I sat at home watching the TV news,
I confess in floods of tears.

When I visited New York City,
Some years ago.
We visited "Ground Zero".
Again the tears did flow.

It was a very humbling experience,
The memory kept close to my heart.
The same date, yet two different years.
With loved ones we had to part.


I WILL BE THINKING OF YOU ALL:

Yvonne Lewis: 10/09/2020:
 
.



16 comments:

  1. A very moving tribute to two devastating tragedies.
    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra, lovely of you to say so.

      Take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. thanks. Lovely poem and indeed a tough date for you and us all. It seems a bit frozen in time and 9/11 changed the world in many ways, and it rocked your world and life. Grand that you have such good memories - smile despite tears as you reflect on your love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it still is an awful date as you may well know Joanne.
      I can still remember watching the horror you Americans went through on the news bulletins.

      Take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Hank's loving wife passed on coming to 4 years now. Hank still feels for her. Can relate to your feelings Yvonne, Ma'am!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Hank, one never gets over the loss,

      Take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Such a sad day for all. Sorry about your hubby being gone for do many years Yvonne.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Betty, a sad day for us all. Hubby was only 57.

      Take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Tough memories, Yvonne. They're always there. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverly, your thoughts are a comfort to me.

      Take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Thinking of you and hoping you can find peace and joy in this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra, I have had better weekends.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. You were blessed to have a wonderful husband, Yvonne! Not everyone gets the joy of a true love. I'm sorry that you lost him so soon. 9/11 is always difficult. I think of all the people who died so horribly. My sister Donnie in Calgary had someone in her office who was killed when the Twin Towers fell. It truly was an international event. And now Covid has killed the equivalent of 60 9/11s in the US. It's unimaginable. I just pray that Terry and I, our families, and all our friends come through this ordeal safely. That means you too, Yvonne, because I think of you as a friend. Thanks for sharing the beautiful picture of you and your husband! Hugs to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise, yes 9/11 is a date never to be forgotten.
      This Covid is certainly hanging around I hope and pray the world comes through it safely.

      Yvonne.

      Delete