Thursday 28 January 2021

LIKE THE WHILTE CAT:


 LIKE THE WHITE CAT:

Yesterday my eyes were opened wide.

When into the mirror I did look.

Having washed my hair and about to sit down

To start reading my book.

 

These past twenty years or so,

I've been fighting off grey hair,

But it's taken a pandemic for it to turn white.

I could only stare.

 

Not only is it whilte .... but thinner,

Much to my dismay.

When a man turns white it's "Distinguished"

At least that's what people do say.

 

Oh for the hairdressers to reopen,

But from reports here that's not for a while.

Do I have to pass the mirror each day,

Wearing a false smile?

 

Well I can't do anything about it,

There are more important things to worry about.

So I will "Soldier On" regardless.

That is without a doubt.

 

HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY:

 

Yvonne Lewis: 28/01/2021:

 

 


10 comments:

  1. Well, you're not out and about and in front of a lot of people, so don't worry about it. White is better than grey anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good thing I'm not out and about Alex. Many thanks for coming by.
      Stay well and safe.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. White hair means you are carrying on. I'm younger than you and my hair has a lot of white - it is what it is. Head high, we persevere and yes - big smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Joanne while head held high.

      Keep well and safe.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. I'm soldiering right along with you on the hair issues:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard going Sandra but soldier on we must.

      Stay safe and well/
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Soldier on Yvonne. Hank's white hair had not seen the barber as often as before. After all, the MCO imposed 'stay at home' call has also been helpful. Stay safe Ma'am!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hank hope you can see a barber soon.

      Take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. LOL ~ I can commiserate with you, Yvonne! I don't feel one bit distinguished. My three sisters transitioned to their natural hair colors before the pandemic. They keep remarking how pretty my hair is and asking if I'm going to keep it. Ha! No way! The moment I can get my hair colored, I'm there. Meanwhile I'm tolerating the white. Terry will be grateful to return to his barber, since I've been cutting his hair for almost a year. A barber I am not! May you and I both get to our hairdressers soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is a nightmare Louise, my hair has grown in length but has got thinner too as well as going white.
      Daughter tells me it's my age.
      Hope you and Terry can get to the hairdressers and barbers soon.

      Yvonne.

      Delete