Sunday 18 April 2021

YESTERDAY:

YESTERDAY:

Yesterday was the funeral

Of Prince Phillip, husband of the queen.

Although there were Covid restrictions.

It was an impressive scene.

 

The sky was a wonderful Blue,

The sun was evident to see.

Although there were no crowds,

One could watch it on TV.

Above are the immediate family,

His children and their offsprings.

Making the short walk to  St. George's Chapel.

A lump to the throat it brings.

 

There were only thirty mourners.

As I've said restrictions were in force.

It will be remembered for all time.

That I can say of course.

 

But the scene throughout the ceremony,

That did reduce me to tears,

Was a scene of the queen..... entirely alone

Not one soul was near.

 

You see that is how I see myself,

Especially since I've lost my son.

I was unable to go to his funeral,

As my grieiving for him begun.

 

There has been no closure,

As travelling these days are out.

But I will get there some day

That is without a doubt.

 

Yesterday was a day to remember,

In years one to recall.

The funeral of a wonderful man.

Loved and respected by all.

 

Yvonne Lewis: 18/04/2021:.

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Big hug to you and the Queen. Indeed - I am a royals fan and I do love your Queen. She's just classy. Yes, she's had her troubles but overall I think she's done a splendid job. And now at 95 - dang, that has to be hard to lose her partner. And you lost yours and a son. They gave a good send off to quite a man. Cheers to you my friend and my sympathies all over again for what you have been through. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joanne for being so understanding. It meant much to me.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. The funeral of a wonderful man.
    Loved and respected by all.

    So very apt Yvonne. He influenced the stakes relating to the Royal Family and he took a informal but leading role as the Queen's husband!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hank a sad moment in time during a pandemic.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. I was only able to see snippets of Prince Phillip's funeral, but I hope to catch up on Youtube. He was a good man. This was a lovely tribute poem, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely and sad to watch but the simplicity of it was breath taking.

      Yvonne.

      Delete