Saturday 7 August 2021


 MY BEACH:

Above is my beach here at Boscombe,

Which I've not seen for a while.

But I have precious memories there,

Which on my face can bring a smile.


The times I've walked along the shore,

Getting rid of my negative thoughts,

With the ebbing of the tide,

Negativity DID come to a halt.


Then again I would stroll along the shore,

Full of excitement I have you know.

Listening to Danny Boy on my Ipod,

Heart full aglow.


How I look forward to go there again,

But that's entirely up to me.

It is only me that can take that first step,

To again see my wonderful Sea.


Do have a lovely weekend,

Whatever plans you have planned.

I WILL get to that beach closeby,

Past memories going hand in hand.


Yvonne Lewis:

07/08/2021;

8 comments:

  1. Go next week, during the day. Few people will be there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good odea Alex. Will keep that in mind.
      Hope your evening at the movies were enjoyable.
      Take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Aah - I can smell the salt air and hear the waves rippling to shore. Keep those memories near, and the lure of the sea will get you there. Meanwhile, just keep taking care. Hope you are doing okay - stand and stretch, walk in the house, keep up strength. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good advice I will keep in mind Joanne.
      Have a great weekend.
      Take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Walking along the ocean shore is one of life's delights. Wishing you much joy when you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to getting there Sandra, Hope it won't be much longer.
      Enjoy your weekend.
      Take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. I do hope that you get to go to your lovely beach soon, Yvonne. I long to see the ocean again. There is nothing like walking along the shore to clear your head and lift your spirits. Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WILL get there someday Louise but have to feel safe healthwise before I attempt it.
      Yvonne.

      Delete