Wednesday 21 September 2022

CATCHING UP:

After the past two weeks,

Since The Queen sadly passed away.

I am catching up on chores,

That got "Forgotten " day by day.

 

I have been watching TV quite alot,

Watching the crowds pay their last respects

To a person who was Queen for seventy years.

A person who we will never forget.

 

Yesterday caught up with my laundry,

Washed, ironed and neatly put away.

All the others chores that got passed over,

Will get my attention today.

 

It's been a time of reflection,

Being only eight when she became queen.

I saw her many times when she toured,

But always on the TV screen.

 

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday,

Whatever you may do.

It goes without saying whiltst doing chores,

I'll be thinking of you.


Yvonne Lewis: 21/09/2022

 

 

,

 

 

14 comments:

  1. That's great that you're catching up on chores. I need to do that do but am working on some projects for volunteering I'm doing that I need to get done instead. If you could volunteer somewhere, you might make friends and feel less isolated. It's helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Natalie for the comment, The main reason I don't go far is the epilepsy
    I have is not controlled so could have a seizure at any given moment which is not good since we're still in the pandemic. Plus the silence of my family is also making me extremely lonely. Have been awaiting hospital appointment for my epilepsy but the waiting lists are very long.
    Pleased the voluntry work is helping you.
    Take care.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely tribute to the Queen! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deniz for your kind words. I wish you well with your writing.
      Take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. The queen was an amazing woman wasn't she? And will always be remembered and revered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sandra you're so right, Thanks for coming by.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. You were only eight and she ruled for seventy years. Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Alex, I was eight years old , so it seems strange having a King on the throne. Thanks for coming by.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. When something that monumental happens, it's easy to let chores and other things slide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite agree Diane, still catching up today(Thursday)
      Thanks for the visit.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. indeed, we all let a bit slide as we watched the celebrations of the Queen's life. It's okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne, still catching up but will be able to relax at the weekend.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  8. I watched as much of the Queen's days of mourning and funeral as I could. She's the Queen of Canada too. I saw her and Prince Philip pass very close by me in a car when I was nine. It was such a thrill. She was an inspiring person. I hope you get an appointment for your epilepsy very soon. It must be so frustrating! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How great you saw the queen and Prince Phillip, my mother met the Queen Mother when she was young..
      Thanks for the visit.
      Yvonne.

      Delete